About Me

My photo
Vashon Island, Washington, United States
Please check out my Etsy shop at www.etsy.com/people/EmeraldApotcalypse. I will be posting what I'm working on, tutorials I have used and ones I have created. Also expect to see the finished products and how to get them. Thanks for stopping by.

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Big Ol' Bolo Tie

You shouldn't play favorites but this one is definitely mine.

Almost named, I <3 Pizza (I would have added pepperoni if I went that down that path), this necklace was realized to just be an over sized bolo tie!! I feel in love with it even more at that moment.


The Big Ol' Bolo Tie Necklace was made from a upcycled necklace and multi colored felt. The red triangle has a golden bottom sew on with blue stitching. The chain goes comes out at the bottom of the triangle in two separate pieces. 
You can get it here on my Etsy.
$14

How it was made:
  1. Find a necklace that falls around your belly button.
  2. Cut 2 pieces of felt into the shape you want, in this case a triangle.  
  3. Lay the necklace down in between the 2 layers of felt.  Allow some necklace to fall out of the bottom of the shape.  Pin the felt around and sew closed.
  4. Snip the necklace with wire cutters at the bottom crease for the bolo tie effect.
  5. Now you can go back and go crazy with layering pieces of felt or just add one like I did at the top of the necklace.

No comments:

Post a Comment