About Me

My photo
Vashon Island, Washington, United States
Please check out my Etsy shop at www.etsy.com/people/EmeraldApotcalypse. I will be posting what I'm working on, tutorials I have used and ones I have created. Also expect to see the finished products and how to get them. Thanks for stopping by.

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Deep Blue Striped and Pleated Tank Top Vest by The Emerald Apotcalypse

This button up tank top was made using a deconstructed women's blouse. On each shoulder are a set of for pleats. The fabric is dark blue with golden stripes.
Size M

$12

One of my earlier projects, this vest came out pretty good.  It began as a short sleeve blouse that was very middle aged lady like.  I started by cutting off the sleeves and doing a hem stitch around the arm.   I wanted the shoulders to have a thinner strap so I folded the fabric over into pleats and did a straight stitch through each layer.  This is a very simple project, but the fabric really caught my eye and I think it has a mexican tribal vibe to it.
Check it out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment