About Me

My photo
Vashon Island, Washington, United States
Please check out my Etsy shop at www.etsy.com/people/EmeraldApotcalypse. I will be posting what I'm working on, tutorials I have used and ones I have created. Also expect to see the finished products and how to get them. Thanks for stopping by.

Thursday, August 18, 2011

3 Sandstone & Beachwood rings

Peach Sandstone Ring

The first ring available from The Emerald Apotcalypse!
Even though this ring stretches across your knuckles it is a one finger ring. The peach sandstone that sits on top is pointed on one side and curved on the other. It is resting on top of a piece of sanded down beach wood. The whole ring is fitted on a refurbished skateboard bearing.
This ring is made for 100% found materials!
Fits a ring size 8

 

Rainbow Mountain Ring

 Another ring made from all found materials!
The best part of this ring is the pretty piece of sandstone that has layers of white, grey and peach. It sits on a piece of wood that has been colored with colored pencil and sanded down to be nice n' smooth. The 'rainbow mountain' sits on a refurbished skateboard bearing.
Ring size 8


 And The Sticks & Stones Ring


 This ring was made from a piece of stone, beach wood and a refurbished skate bearing. The beach wood is blue and pink, I colored it with colored pencils.
This is the smallest of the 3 rings set. It is a dainty ring, that still is pretty bold.
I sanded down the stone everywhere except one corner that has more jagged crystals.
Ring size 8
If you have any other questions feel free to contact me.

 All $25 bucks, get 'em here!

How I made them:

-Find a piece of stone or rock that you really dig.  Finding one with a flat side is helpful but you can also sand down one side to be flat if you need to. 

-Find a piece of wood, maybe beach wood.  Cut and sand it down to around the size of your stone.

-Find the base for your ring.  I used a skate bearing, perfect size.  You can also use copper tubes and cut them to the size you desire.

-Super glue the stone onto the beach wood first.  I placed a weight on my stone and left it for an hour just to make sure.

-Next glue the wood to your circle ring material.  Make sure you keep it center and hold force on your glue job for a LONG TIME.  Just  to be safe.

-Celebrate, you got some sweet rings.


No comments:

Post a Comment