About Me

My photo
Vashon Island, Washington, United States
Please check out my Etsy shop at www.etsy.com/people/EmeraldApotcalypse. I will be posting what I'm working on, tutorials I have used and ones I have created. Also expect to see the finished products and how to get them. Thanks for stopping by.

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Tribal Flowers Felt Necklace

The Tribal Flower Felt Necklace was created from a deconstructed children's belt, a doily and beads. Long necklace that lands at the top of the stomach. The felt u shape has ruffles on it with flowers made from doilies.
This is a very colorful necklace that is for a bold person :)

$15
Get it here.



I find that supplies that get left over from one project usually inspire another one for me, sadly I throw so little away.  My room is a tower of supplies and scraps that thankfully are getting used but its hoarders worthy at times.  
How I made this necklace:
  • I found the leftover fabric belt piece from my shorts project and trimmed it down to a necklace length.  
  • Put that aside.  Next you want to cut out 2 pieces of felt in the shape you desire.  I chose a subtle half circle but triangles and circles would be cool choices too.  Put the two felt pieces aside.
  • Get the fabric you want to make your flowers out of.  Cut out circles of fabric in diffrent sizes.  Fold the circle 3 or 4 times in half and sew the flower together.  There are UNLIMITED ways to sew the little flowers.  Go nuts.
  • Sew your flowers onto one piece of the felt.
  • Add beads to the middle of the flower buds.  (You can let your thread job be a little messy on the back side of the felt since you won 't be able to see it in the end)
  • Place the two ends of the fabric belt on each side of your shape and pin.
  • Hand or machine stitch (depending on your comfort level and your beading) around your shape.
  • FUCK YEAH! YOU DID IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment