About Me

My photo
Vashon Island, Washington, United States
Please check out my Etsy shop at www.etsy.com/people/EmeraldApotcalypse. I will be posting what I'm working on, tutorials I have used and ones I have created. Also expect to see the finished products and how to get them. Thanks for stopping by.

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Tetradecogon Necklace


If you are a math wizard, or love scrabble you know that this tetradecogon necklace has 14 sides.
This statement necklace was made using a upcycled beaded chain, wine colored felt, bamboo, and a vintage pendant. The inside of the necklace has 2 cutouts and the necklace rests at mid chest.
$16
How it was made:
  1. Cut out the shape of felt you have cooking in your head.
  2. Pick the spots you want to have the cutouts in the center of the necklace and cut them out.
  3. Place the piece of bamboo or other stiff rod into the top crease to keep it from folding in on itself.
  4. Find a necklace and place the ends in between the felt shape sandwich & pin.
  5. Sew all around the outside and inside of the necklace.
  6. Add a vintage pin or earring!


No comments:

Post a Comment